LNG Canada to benefit First Nations
Read our Alliance news release on the announcement that the LNG Canada project at Kitimat will go ahead:
Karen Ogen-Toews quoted by BC government
‘LNG Canada has been a leader in dealing with First Nations.’ That’s our CEO, quoted in a BC government news release on LNG Canada’s go-ahead decision.
The First Nations LNG Alliance is a collective of First Nations who are participating in, and supportive of, sustainable and responsible LNG development in BC.
The Alliance is working to:
- Increase positive LNG dialogue in First Nations communities
- Communicate First Nations messages directly to First Nations audiences
- Communicate balanced LNG information
- Provide a venue for pro-development nations to interact, share knowledge and resources
- Discuss environmental issues and priorities
Ultimately, the Alliance has been formed to provide education and information to nations around our province as they consider economic and resource development opportunities when it concerns LNG projects in their territories.
To act as an advocate on behalf of First Nations. In order to do this we provide research and in-depth insight into the many issues and concerns surrounding LNG development in BC. We also seek to connect people with resources, information, support and materials to inform themselves and their members.