FIRST NATIONS LNG ALLIANCE JOB POSTING
Title: Executive Assistant (EA)
Supervisor: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Location: Vancouver, BC
Reporting to the CEO, the EA is responsible for the administration support for the CEO and the First Nations LNG Alliance (FNLNGA) Board of Directors. Applicant must have strong administrative skills in office management, organization and time management; be an efficient, effective, reliable, energetic worker; possess the ability to take direction and have a keen knowledge base of the diversity of the Aboriginal communities and organizations within the province. Applicant must have an excellent understanding of the FNLNGA’s mandate, goals and objectives.
Formal Education/Training required
Must possess an Administrative Assistant Certificate (1 year) and a minimum two years’ experience in administrative role in organizing and managing an office. Candidates who demonstrate equivalent combination of education and experience may also be considered.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required
- Extensive knowledge of diversity culture and traditions within the province of B.C.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in working in an office environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of contemporary social, health, economic, and justice issues faced by First Nations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer skills, including proficiency with the Microsoft office suite, internet, email, and Google Docs.
- PowerPoint/Google Slides/Keynote presentation development skills would be an asset.
- Excellent time and organizational management skills along with the ability to prioritize tasks and effective decision making ability.
- Successful organization of meetings and taking meeting minutes.
- Willingness to work in a team environment.
- Ability to take initiative; work independently and with limited supervision.
- Occasional travel is required, and therefore must have reliable transportation.
- Aboriginal ancestry is an asset.
All applicants are required to undergo reference checks and must consent to a criminal records check. A valid class 5 driver’s license is required for this position.
Contract runs until March 31, 2018.
Please send cover letter and updated resume with (2) recent work references letters related to this position no later than Friday, May 5, at 12:00pm (noon) to:
Karen Ogen-Toews, CEO
ONLY COMPLETED PACKAGES WILL BE ACCEPTED.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
ONLY APPLICANTS SHORT LISTED WILL BE CONTACTED.