“We want jobs!” — Chief Archie Patrick, Stellat’en Nation
While some jobs and contracts have already been awarded in the LNG field in BC, hiring now is expected to pick up steam in mid-2020.
Be aware that there is no central hiring or contracting agency. You need to apply to the individual companies and contractors. It would be a good idea to get your applications and info submitted now, rather than waiting. And don’t be afraid to re-apply in spring if you had no luck during the winter.
- The latest job postings from JFJV, related to the LNG Canada project: https://jfjvkitimat.com/careers/
If you have questions about employment and business opportunities on the LNG Canada project, you can also drop by the JGC Fluor BCLNG JV Project Resource Centre in Kitimat. It’s open from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday (except for holidays) at 234 City Centre.
Please note: There is no spot hiring happening at this time, so be sure to have a position secured before coming to Kitimat.
To explore possibilities with potential employers and contractors, here below are some useful pages:
(This page was last updated on 31 January 2020. If you find any errors, or good pages we have missed, please let us know so that we can update again: email@example.com Thank you. . . .)
LNG and pipeline developers
- JGC/Fluor for LNG Canada-related jobs: https://bit.ly/2EQi6yP
- JGC/Fluor for LNG Canada-related contracts and procurement: https://bit.ly/2HaW4KM
- JFJV Kitimat on Facebook: https://bit.ly/2YwlEQ5
- LNG Canada: potential jobs during construction: https://bit.ly/2Gu6gxp
- LNG Canada business opportunities: https://bit.ly/2y3SBYy
- LNG Canada: workforce development and training: https://bit.ly/2SKYP8l
- LNG Canada: careers with LNG Canada: http://bit.ly/33bsBr9
- Coastal GasLink pipeline employment and contracting: https://bit.ly/2RtPS2t
- Coastal GasLink Open House and Job Fair Schedule for Fall 2019
- Woodfibre LNG contracting and employment: https://bit.ly/2E2N7Tc
- Woodfibre LNG careers page: http://bit.ly/33eZt28
- Kitimat LNG and Pacific Trail Pipeline: https://bit.ly/2Rwc6ks
- Kitimat LNG (Careers with Chevron Canada): http://bit.ly/2Mv0MDE
- Kitimat LNG (supplier registration): http://bit.ly/2Ivzw6r
Coastal GasLink camp contractors
- Falcon Camp Services: https://bit.ly/2EWrkJR
- Summit Camps: https://bit.ly/2NHaGjP
- Civeo Corporation: https://bit.ly/2Tt6GLR
- Black Diamond Group: https://bit.ly/2pXEFe4
Camp contractor for the workers who will build the LNG Canada terminal at Kitimat:
- Horizon North Logistics: https://bit.ly/2rsfK2q
Coastal GasLink key contractors, by section.
(For sections, please refer to the map at the bottom of this page)
Note that not all of these contractors below have job-and-career pages.
- Surerus Murphy Joint Venture, pipeline construction, Sections 1 & 2. https://bit.ly/2JiMV4P
- SA Energy, pipeline construction, Sections 3 & 4.
- Pacific Atlantic Pipeline Construction/Bonatti, pipeline construction, Sections 6 &7.
- Macro Spiecapag Joint Venture, pipeline construction , Sections 5 & 8. Employment: email firstname.lastname@example.org Procurement/vendors: Email email@example.com
- Civeo, camp at Chetwynd, Section 1. https://bit.ly/2Tt6GLR
- Black Diamond, camp at Sukunka and drill camp KP127, Section 2. Employment: https://bit.ly/2pXEFe4
- Falcon, camp at Parsnip, Section 3. employment: https://bit.ly/2EWrkJR
- Summit, camp at Vanderhoof, Section 4. https://bit.ly/2NHaGjP
- Horizon North, office trailers, all sections. https://bit.ly/2rsfK2q
- 4Evergreen Resources, clearing, Section 1. https://bit.ly/2CmnCsI
- M&M, clearing, Sections 1 & 2.
- Dakii, clearing, Sections 2 & 3.
- Falcon, clearing, Sections 3 & 4.
- TABA, clearing, Section 4. https://bit.ly/2HEa7bp
- Domcor, security, all sections. https://bit.ly/2W3YoXx
- ISOS, medical, all sections. https://bit.ly/2sG8eAB
- Rigstar, telecom, all sections. https://bit.ly/2ucifru
- Innovative Pipeline Crossing Inc., direct pipe installation, Burnt River, Section 2. https://bit.ly/2Cr7gyS
- Innovative Pipeline Crossing Inc., direct pipe installation, Parsnip and Crooked Rivers, Section 3. https://bit.ly/2Cr7gyS
- Innovative Pipeline Crossing Inc., direct pipe installation, Stuart River, Salmon Rivers, Section 4. https://bit.ly/2Cr7gyS
The Steelhead LNG project on Vancouver Island is on indefinite hold at this time:
- Steelhead LNG careers: https://bit.ly/2IWAbLC
- Steelhead LNG business opportunities: https://bit.ly/2Ph4pgk
Coastal GasLink’s look at the jobs coming up, and the skills and training requirements needed: http://bit.ly/2MapJY0
Tips for job-seekers
- There’s some useful reading on career planning and job hunting in the provincial government’s BC’s Career Guide for Indigenous People.
- Wondering if your resume is up to scratch? Maybe ask your Nation’s employment experts: What makes for a good resume? How do I make mine better? The Haisla Nation, for one, offers free resume-writing workshops.
- Here’s a website that offers resume-writing tips. This one talks about ‘The 3 Main Types of Resumes.’ And this one warns about ‘The Top 10 Resume Mistakes That Could Cost You the Job.’
- You’ll find other BC Indigenous services on training and education here.
BC Building Trades Unions training programs
- Bricklayers & Allied Craftworkers Local 2, bricklayer, tilesetter: Phone: 604-580-2463. Web: http://www.ttta.ca Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- BC Regional Council of Carpenters, Locals 1598 Victoria, 1907 Vancouver, 2499 Yukon, 527 Nanaimo, 137 Kelowna, Floorlayers Union 1541 Vancouver, carpenter: phone: 250-383-8116 Web: http://www.bcrcc.ca Email: email@example.com
- BC Regional Council of Carpenters, floorlayer: Phone 604-524-6900. Web: http://www.bcrcc.ca Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Construction & Specialized Workers Local 1611, construction craft worker: Phone 604-538-5101. Web: http://www.cswu1611.org/training Email: email@example.com
- Insulators Local 118, industrial insulator: Phone 604-877-0909. Web: http://insulators118.org Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Local 213, construction electrician: Phone 604-571-6540 Web: http://www.ejtc.org Email: email@example.com
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Locals 230, 993,1003, construction electrician: Phone 604-948-9936. Web: http://www.wjets.ca Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- International Union of Operating Engineers, Local 115, asphalt paving laydown technician, heavy equipment operator, mobile crane operator, plant operator: Phone: 604-299-7764. Web: http://www.iuoe115.ca/training Email: email@example.com
- International Union of Painters and Allied Trades District Council 38, drywall finisher, glazier, hazmat worker, painter-decorator, wall and ceiling installer (interior systems mechanic): Phone 604-580-3112. Web: http://www.ftibc.ca Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ironworkers Local 97, ironworker reinforcing, ironworker generalist: Phone 604-874-6010. Web: http://www.ironworkerslocal97.com Email: email@example.com
- Millwrights Local 2736, millwright: Phone: 604-525-2736. Web: http://www.millwrights2736.com Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Operative Plasterers and Cement Masons Local 919, cement mason, concrete finisher: Phone 604-585-9198. Web: http://www.tttca Email: email@example.com
- Pile Drivers Local 2404: Phone 604-526-2404. Web: http://www.piledrivers2404.ca Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Refrigeration Workers Local 516, refrigeration mechanic: Phone: 604-822-7680. Web: http://www.jarts,ca/ Email: email@example.com
- Sheet Metal Workers Local 280, sheet metal worker, roofer, shingler: Phone: 604-882-7680. Web: http://www.smwtcs.ca Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sheet Metal Workers Local 276: Phone 250-727-3458 Email: info@smwia276
- Teamsters Local 213, warehouse parts person, teamster: Phone: 604-874-3654. Web: http://www.teamsters2213.org Email: email@example.com
- United Association of Plumbers, Pipefitters, Local 170, plumber, steamfitter/pipefitter, sprinklerfitter, welder: Phone: 604-540-1945. Web: http://www.uapicbc.ca Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- United Association of Plumbers, Pipefitters, Local 324: Phone 250-382-0415. Web: http://www.ualocal324.ca Email: email@example.com
- Unite here! Local 40, culinary worker-construction camp: Phone 604-291-8211 Web: http://www.uniteherelocal40.org Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
More training and trades info
- Trades Training BC: https://bit.ly/2NVMSKO
- WorkBC: https://bit.ly/2TIgrF6
- Industry Training Authority: https://bit.ly/2F5Xc00
- LNG Canada’s Your Place program to increase the number of women in the skilled trades
Student programs, Trans Canada/Coastal GasLink Pathway to Pipeline Readiness Program, partners:
- Prince George Nechako Aboriginal and Training Association (PGNAETA) Gateway Training Centre. Phone: 1-800-510-0515. Web: http://www.pgnaeta.bc.ca
- North East Native Advancing Society (NENAS): http://www.nenas.org
- Tribal Resources Investment Corporation (TRICORP) Training to Employment Program: Phone: 1-800-665-3201. Web: http://www.tricorp.ca
- Northwest Community College: Phone: 1-877-277-2288. Web: http://www.nwcc.bc.ca Trades Bursaries: Phone 250-638-5477 or email email@example.com. Workforce Training Continuing Studies Bursaries: Phone 250-635-6511 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- College of New Caledonia: Phone 1-800-371-8111. Web: http://www.cnc.bc.ca Trades Bursaries: Phone 250-561-5838 or email email@example.com
- Northern Lights College: Pathway to Pipeline Readiness and Dawson Creek Campus Trades Facility. Phone 1-866-463-6652. Web: http://www.nlc.bc.ca Bursaries Phone 250-784-7613 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- University of Northern BC: occupational health and safety officer program, Carrier Sekani scholarships. Phone 1-800-697-7388. Web: http://www.unbc.ca UNBC Awards Phone 250-960-6319 or email email@example.com