“It’s quite simple: We want jobs!” — Chief Archie Patrick, Stellat’en Nation
While some jobs and contracts have already been awarded in the LNG field in BC, the bulk of hiring is expected to begin, and then pick up steam, in the second half of 2019.
Be aware that there is no central hiring or contracting agency. You need to apply to the individual companies and contractors.
To explore possibilities with potential employers and contractors, here are some useful pages:
If you find any errors, or good pages we have missed, please let us know so that we can update the list above: firstname.lastname@example.org Thank you. . . .
LNG and pipeline developers
- JGC/Fluor for LNG Canada-related jobs: https://bit.ly/2EQi6yP
- JGC/Fluor for LNG Canada-related contracts and procurement: https://bit.ly/2HaW4KM
- JFJV Kitimat on Facebook: https://bit.ly/2YwlEQ5
- LNG Canada: potential jobs during construction: https://bit.ly/2Gu6gxp
- LNG Canada business opportunities: https://bit.ly/2y3SBYy
- LNG Canada: workforce development and training: https://bit.ly/2SKYP8l
- Coastal GasLink pipeline employment and contracting: https://bit.ly/2RtPS2t
- Woodfibre LNG contracting and employment: https://bit.ly/2E2N7Tc
- Kitimat LNG and Pacific Trail Pipeline: https://bit.ly/2Rwc6ks
- Steelhead LNG careers: https://bit.ly/2IWAbLC
- Steelhead LNG business opportunities: https://bit.ly/2Ph4pgk
Coastal GasLink camp contractors
- Falcon Camp Services: https://bit.ly/2EWrkJR
- Summit Camps: https://bit.ly/2NHaGjP
- Civeo Corporation: https://bit.ly/2Tt6GLR
- Black Diamond Group: https://bit.ly/2pXEFe4
Camp contractor for the workers who will build the LNG Canada terminal at Kitimat:
- Horizon North Logistics: https://bit.ly/2rsfK2q
Coastal GasLink key contractors, by section.
(For sections, please refer to the map at the bottom of this page)
Note that not all of these contractors below have job-and-career pages.
- Surerus Murphy Joint Venture, pipeline construction, Sections 1 & 2. https://bit.ly/2JiMV4P
- SA Energy, pipeline construction, Sections 3 & 4.
- Pacific Atlantic Pipeline Construction/Bonatti, pipeline construction, Sections 6 &7.
- Macro Spiecapag Joint Venture, pipeline construction , Sections 5 & 8. Employment: email email@example.com Procurement/vendors: Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Civeo, camp at Chetwynd, Section 1. https://bit.ly/2Tt6GLR
- Black Diamond, camp at Sukunka and drill camp KP127, Section 2. Employment: https://bit.ly/2pXEFe4
- Falcon, camp at Parsnip, Section 3. employment: https://bit.ly/2EWrkJR
- Summit, camp at Vanderhoof, Section 4. https://bit.ly/2NHaGjP
- Horizon North, office trailers, all sections. https://bit.ly/2rsfK2q
- 4Evergreen Resources, clearing, Section 1. https://bit.ly/2CmnCsI
- M&M, clearing, Sections 1 & 2.
- Dakii, clearing, Sections 2 & 3.
- Falcon, clearing, Sections 3 & 4.
- TABA, clearing, Section 4. https://bit.ly/2HEa7bp
- Domcor, security, all sections. https://bit.ly/2W3YoXx
- ISOS, medical, all sections. https://bit.ly/2sG8eAB
- Rigstar, telecom, all sections. https://bit.ly/2ucifru
- Innovative Pipeline Crossing Inc., direct pipe installation, Burnt River, Section 2. https://bit.ly/2Cr7gyS
- Innovative Pipeline Crossing Inc., direct pipe installation, Parsnip and Crooked Rivers, Section 3. https://bit.ly/2Cr7gyS
- Innovative Pipeline Crossing Inc., direct pipe installation, Stuart River, Salmon Rivers, Section 4. https://bit.ly/2Cr7gyS
BC Building Trades Unions training programs
- Bricklayers & Allied Craftworkers Local 2, bricklayer, tilesetter: Phone: 604-580-2463. Web: http://www.ttta.ca Email: email@example.com
- BC Regional Council of Carpenters, Locals 1598 Victoria, 1907 Vancouver, 2499 Yukon, 527 Nanaimo, 137 Kelowna, Floorlayers Union 1541 Vancouver, carpenter: phone: 250-383-8116 Web: http://www.bcrcc.ca Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- BC Regional Council of Carpenters, floorlayer: Phone 604-524-6900. Web: http://www.bcrcc.ca Email: email@example.com
- Construction & Specialized Workers Local 1611, construction craft worker: Phone 604-538-5101. Web: http://www.cswu1611.org/training Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Insulators Local 118, industrial insulator: Phone 604-877-0909. Web: http://insulators118.org Email: email@example.com
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Local 213, construction electrician: Phone 604-571-6540 Web: http://www.ejtc.org Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Locals 230, 993,1003, construction electrician: Phone 604-948-9936. Web: http://www.wjets.ca Email: email@example.com
- International Union of Operating Engineers, Local 115, asphalt paving laydown technician, heavy equipment operator, mobile crane operator, plant operator: Phone: 604-299-7764. Web: http://www.iuoe115.ca/training Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- International Union of Painters and Allied Trades District Council 38, drywall finisher, glazier, hazmat worker, painter-decorator, wall and ceiling installer (interior systems mechanic): Phone 604-580-3112. Web: http://www.ftibc.ca Email: email@example.com
- Ironworkers Local 97, ironworker reinforcing, ironworker generalist: Phone 604-874-6010. Web: http://www.ironworkerslocal97.com Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Millwrights Local 2736, millwright: Phone: 604-525-2736. Web: http://www.millwrights2736.com Email: email@example.com
- Operative Plasterers and Cement Masons Local 919, cement mason, concrete finisher: Phone 604-585-9198. Web: http://www.tttca Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pile Drivers Local 2404: Phone 604-526-2404. Web: http://www.piledrivers2404.ca Email: email@example.com
- Refrigeration Workers Local 516, refrigeration mechanic: Phone: 604-822-7680. Web: http://www.jarts,ca/ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sheet Metal Workers Local 280, sheet metal worker, roofer, shingler: Phone: 604-882-7680. Web: http://www.smwtcs.ca Email: email@example.com
- Sheet Metal Workers Local 276: Phone 250-727-3458 Email: info@smwia276
- Teamsters Local 213, warehouse parts person, teamster: Phone: 604-874-3654. Web: http://www.teamsters2213.org Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- United Association of Plumbers, Pipefitters, Local 170, plumber, steamfitter/pipefitter, sprinklerfitter, welder: Phone: 604-540-1945. Web: http://www.uapicbc.ca Email: email@example.com
- United Association of Plumbers, Pipefitters, Local 324: Phone 250-382-0415. Web: http://www.ualocal324.ca Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Unite here! Local 40, culinary worker-construction camp: Phone 604-291-8211 Web: http://www.uniteherelocal40.org Email: email@example.com
More training and trades info
- Trades Training BC: https://bit.ly/2NVMSKO
- WorkBC: https://bit.ly/2TIgrF6
- Industry Training Authority: https://bit.ly/2F5Xc00
Student programs, Trans Canada/Coastal GasLink Pathway to Pipeline Readiness Program, partners:
- Prince George Nechako Aboriginal and Training Association (PGNAETA) Gateway Training Centre. Phone: 1-800-510-0515. Web: http://www.pgnaeta.bc.ca
- North East Native Advancing Society (NENAS): http://www.nenas.org
- Tribal Resources Investment Corporation (TRICORP) Training to Employment Program: Phone: 1-800-665-3201. Web: http://www.tricorp.ca
- Northwest Community College: Phone: 1-877-277-2288. Web: http://www.nwcc.bc.ca Trades Bursaries: Phone 250-638-5477 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Workforce Training Continuing Studies Bursaries: Phone 250-635-6511 or email email@example.com
- College of New Caledonia: Phone 1-800-371-8111. Web: http://www.cnc.bc.ca Trades Bursaries: Phone 250-561-5838 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Northern Lights College: Pathway to Pipeline Readiness and Dawson Creek Campus Trades Facility. Phone 1-866-463-6652. Web: http://www.nlc.bc.ca Bursaries Phone 250-784-7613 or email email@example.com
- University of Northern BC: occupational health and safety officer program, Carrier Sekani scholarships. Phone 1-800-697-7388. Web: http://www.unbc.ca UNBC Awards Phone 250-960-6319 or email firstname.lastname@example.org